Who We Are
Foundation for Practical Philosophy (501c3) is a non-profit adult education organization in Rochester, New York. The original school was founded in London in 1937. There are now over forty affiliated institutions on six continents, including schools in New York City, Boston, Toronto, Melbourne, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires, and Dublin.
Our ten-week introductory course provides a foundation for further learning and inquiry. All lessons are interactive, accessible, and informal.
Where: First Unitarian Church of Rochester at 220 S. Winton Road, Rochester, NY 14610
When: Wednesdays from 7 - 9:30 pm (10 Classes)
Benefits of Practical Philosophy
- Achieve greater happiness and freedom
- Learn to quiet the overactive mind
- Gain tools for dealing with stress and anxiety
- Develop a deeper understanding of yourself
- Build more meaningful relationships
- Move more gracefully through the day